Friday, January 21, 2011

Update on my terminally ill neighbor.

For those of you that did not see my post about my neighbor let me give you some details.  My neighbor was diagnosed with Terminal brain cancer after leading a pretty normal life.  He was rushed to the hospital after his employer found him unresponsive on the floor.  That night he fell into a coma and his wife was basically told that he would probably not make it through the weekend.  On Christmas Eve to everyone's surprise he was discharged and sent home with a wheel chair.
With a week he had managed to start walking with a cane.

fast forward to today....

I have had a couple people ask me for an update on my Downstairs neighbor. For those of you who asked he is home and going to his Radiation treatments and also has Chemo daily for the 6 weeks then he will take a break for 4 weeks and then continue the chemo for 6 months, 7 days a week. He is also having a physical therapist come to the home 3 times a week he has limited feeling in his left arm and is slowly walking with a cane. I spoke to his wife today and Dr's told them that the tumor is growing quickly and told her that he has 16 weeks to live. Drs told them he has the same brain cancer that Ted Kennedy had but the tumor is much larger.

Please keep the Namjoo family in your prayers. My heart breaks for his children, ages 4 and 18 months,  i have had the pleasure of taking care of them this week and will be caring for them from now on while there mother works and they are so sweet and just beautiful. Thanks for keeping them in your prayers.

No comments: